Family involvement is a critical component to the quality of our program. Research has demonstrated that future academic success is linked to parents or guardians involvement and relationships with their child’s school. Therefore, families are welcomed and encouraged to join us as partners in creating the best possible experience for your child, which can happen through a number of ways:
- BCLC has an open door policy. Families are welcome to stop in any time to visit or join us for lunch.
- There are numerous opportunities to volunteer in the classroom, program, or on fieldtrips
- Stop in for coffee or tea and breakfast at our monthly Family Coffee Social
- Join our Family Council. See our Family Council tab for more information. Child care provided.
- Sign up for Family Engagement events, such as cooking classes, family trips, potluck nights, and workshops. Child care is provided for many of these events.
- Attending parent/guardian conferences
If you have other ideas on how to become involved or would like some suggestions, please let us know.